Paul:Hi Darren. How are you today? (保羅:嗨,達倫。你今天好嗎?)
Darren:Fine, thanks. How about you? (達倫:很好,謝謝。你呢?)
Paul:Darren, I was wondering if you could do me a bit of a favor? I'm going to Japan tomorrow and I need a ride to the airport. Would you mind driving me to the airport before work? (保羅:達倫,我在想,不知道你能不能幫我一個小忙?我明天要去日本, 我需要有人載我去機場。你介不介意上班前載我去機場?)
Darren:Sure, no problem. (達倫:當然,沒問題。)
Paul:Thanks a lot. Do you think you could pick me up at my house at 6:00 a.m.? (保羅:真是謝謝你了。你想你能不能早上六點鐘的時候到我家接我?)
Darren:Certainly. (達倫:當然。)
Paul:Thanks. That really helps me. See you tomorrow morning at six. (保羅:謝謝,你真是幫了我一個大忙。我們明天早上六點見。)
Sandra sees Darren and stops to talk to him.(珊德拉看見達倫,停下來和他說話。)
Sandra:Hi Darren. Hey, did I tell you that my notebook has stopped working? I really need to use one while I am attending a conference. Would it be OK if I borrowed your notebook for a few days? (珊德拉:嗨,達倫。嘿,我有沒有跟你說我的筆記型電腦壞了? 我去參加會議時真的很需要筆記型電腦。 我可不可以跟你借筆記型電腦用幾天?)
Darren:I guess so. I'll get it for you. (Darren walks over to his desk and gets his portable computer.) Here you go. (達倫:我想應該可以。我幫妳把它拿過來。 (達倫走到他的桌子那兒拿他的手提電腦。)拿去吧。)
Sandra:Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. I'll take good care of it. (珊德拉:多謝了,我真的很感激。我會好好保管它的。)
必通句型
.I was wondering if...? 我在想,不知道......? .Would you mind + V-ing ? 你介不介意......? .Do you think...? 你想你能.......嗎?
ex:There's nobody here by that name. (這裡沒有叫這個名字的人。)
ex:Sorry to have bothered you. (抱歉打擾您了。)
重點提示
◆ 撥打 dial (v.) dial 原指「撥打數字盤」,在電話皆已換成按鍵式之後,英語仍使用此單字。 ◆ 打錯 dial the wrong number 也可說成 have the wrong number。 ◆ 找 look for 電話中要「找~」時就使用此片語。 ◆ 電話號碼無誤 the number is right 雖然查無此人但對方打的電話號碼「沒有錯」時就這樣說。 例如:「這裡沒有這個人,但是號碼是對的。」即 There's nobody by that name here, but the number is right.。